Civil Affairs Department of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
1. According to Article 15 of the Adopting Law of the People's Republic of China, adoption shall be registered at the civil affairs department of the people’s government at or above the county level;
2. According to Article 9 of the Measure Registering Adoption of Children by Foreigners in the People's Republic of China, if a foreign national comes to China to adopt a child, he/she shall complete a written adoption agreement with the person placing the child for adoption. The agreement is made in triplicate. Each of the adopter and the person placing the child for adoption shall hold one copy, and one copy should be held by the adoption registration authority.
After the written agreement is concluded, the adopter and the person placing the child for adoption shall jointly register with the civil affairs department of the government of the province, autonomous region or municipality directly under the Central Government where the adoptee’s permanent residence is located.
Foreign nationals within the jurisdiction of the autonomous region (including either of the husband and wife who is a foreign national) and the person placing the child for adoption (guardians of orphans, social welfare agencies, and biological parents who have special difficulties in bringing their children).
According to the Adopting Law of the People's Republic of China, Measure Registering Adoption of Children by Foreigners in the People's Republic of China, Notice of the General Office of the Bureau of Civil Affairs on the Documents Required for Adoption by Foreigners in China, and other laws:
Eligibility of the person placing the child for adoption:
(1) Guardians of the orphans;
(2) Social welfare institutions;
(3) Biological parents who have special difficulties in raising their children;
The child who has biological parents shall be placed for adoption by both of the parents and the person placing the child for adoption. The child whose biological parents cannot be found shall be placed for adoption by the guardians.
Eligibility of adoptees:
(1) Orphans bereaved of parents, refers to those children whose biological parents have already died or have already been declared dead by the court;
(2) Abandoned infants or children whose biological parents cannot be ascertained or found;
(3) Children whose parents are unable to raise them due to unusual difficulties.
Documents prepared by the person placing the child for adoption:
1. His or her residence booklet and identity card;
2. A certificate certifying that the adoptee is an abandoned baby or an orphan, and that the living parents have special difficulties in raising their children;
3. Residence certificate or identity card of the adoptee;
4. A growth report of the adoptee;
5. Physical health examination certificate of the adoptee;
6. Two bareheaded photos (two inches) of the adoptee;
7. Written comments of the dependent persons on the consent to placing the child for adoption;
8. A statement of the child who is older than 10 years old (including 10 years old) that he/she will be adopted.
Foreign adoptive families should fill the Registration Application Letter of Foreigners Coming to China for Adoption, and submit the adoption agreement signed between the adopters and the person placing the child for adoption, and provide the following materials:
1. For the adopters:
1) Notice of Travelling to China for Adoption issued by China Centre for Children's Welfare and Adoption(CCCWA);
2) ID card and photos of the adopter;
2. For the person placing the child for adoption:
1) Letter from the civil affairs department of the provincial (autonomous region’s and municipal)government;
2) The residence booklet and identity card of the person placing the child for adoption, and photos of the adoptee.
Legal deadline: 7 working days
Commitment deadline: 5 working days
No quality limit
1. The adoption registration fee is 250 yuan/piece, including: foreign adoption application fee (20 yuan/piece), foreign-related adoption certificate (10 yuan/piece), foreign-related adoption registration survey (220 yuan/piece);
2. The cancellation of the adoption relationship registration fee is 100 yuan/piece.
Basis for charge:
1. Notice of Fees for the Registration of Adoption by the Bureau of Commodity Prices and Ministry of Finance;
2. Circular on the unification of domestic and foreign double charge standards by the National Development and Reform Commission and Ministry of Finance.
Matters of responsibility
1. Application: Applicants fill in the Registration Application Letter of Foreigners Coming to China for Adoption.
2. Acceptance responsibility: One-time notification of documents submitted by adopter, hosts the delivery ceremony of the child to the adopter, and supervises the signing of the guardianship agreement and the adoption agreement between the adopter and the person placing the child for adoption.
3. Responsibility for examination: Review the adoption registration and submit adoption agreement. Check all the original documents provided by the adopters, inquire about the adoption intention, purpose and conditions of adopting, inform the eligibility of adoption and the consequences of falsification, and record the inquiries.
4. Responsibility for decision: If the materials meet the requirements of adoption, the "Audit Processing Form for Adoption Registration" shall be filled and information of the adopter shall be recorded into the system, and the adoption certificate shall be handed out.
5. Responsibility for issuing certificates: The adopter shall be issued with the adoption certificate of the People's Republic of China and the certificate of conformity for cross-country adoption and declare to the adopter that he/she has obtained the adoption certificate and established the adoption relationship.
6. Supervision responsibility: Supervise the adoption registration by foreign nationals in China.
7. Other responsibilities stipulated by laws and regulations.
Administrative departments and relevant staff who failed to obey or perform the administrative duties shall be blamed:
1. Failure to process administrative examination and approval in accordance with regulations and procedures, causing serious consequences;
2. Failure to adhere to principles, failure to perform duties correctly, causing serious consequences;
3. Receive gifts from the applicants;
4. Lack of understanding of the policies, laws and regulations, affecting the work quality;
5. Other acts violating the provisions of the laws and regulations.
Windows of the Civil Affairs Department of the Administrative Services Center of the autonomous region
Consulting and Complaint telephone numbers
Consulting Tel: 0771—5595592
Complaint Tel: 0771—2805875
The civil affairs department of the autonomous region is authorized with the rights to handle the registration application of foreigners coming to China for adoption.